Trans 101: The Essentials** is a training designed to meet you right where you are: at or close to the
beginning when it comes to understanding trans identities.
What you can expect from this introductory workshop:
- An in-depth understanding of definitions, terminology, concepts, and experiences relevant to those who identify as transgender (e.g., transitioning).
- A chance to begin exploring your attitudes and feelings related to trans identities.
- An awareness of the power of language and how to be more mindful in interactions with all people, not just those who identify as trans.
- An awareness of yourself as a gendered being.
This workshop is for you if:
- You don’t *exactly* know what it means to be transgender.
- You are uncomfortable talking about trans folks and their experiences.
- You are afraid of saying the wrong thing when talking about trans identities.
- You want to learn more about trans experiences and lives.
- You want to learn more about yourself, especially as it relates to gender.
- You are open-minded and open-hearted.
**This is a half-day training.
We all start at the beginning. I hope you start your trans education with me.
To learn more about this training or to get one on the books, contact me here.
Not quite ready for the training but interested in learning more about how you can make small changes that have a big impact on the lives of trans folks?